Sunday, November 9, 2008

Blog Pt2 - The Times are a Changing!

Hey Everyone,

Well it's been a big week! So much change in just one week! It's been a massively historic week & one we will never forget with the election of Senator Barack Obama as the first African-American President of the United States. Pretty Massive with masisve consequences & change. It's not the only big thing tho!

I'm sure you are going through some sort of change as well - it might be at home relationally, financially with reevaluation of your savings & spendings, work & the possible reality of retresnchment, socially & what you're community is going to look like under new leadership or spiritually & where you are (or seemingly aren't) heading right now as far as the purpose of your life! My change right now is ME - I am growing from a teenager inside to an adult inside - long story & will talk about that another time ("Changes that Heal" by Dr Henry Cloud - WHAT A BOOK!)

I'm real intrigued by our world at present. I'm intrigued by our responses to pressure, mine included. My Pastor Brian Houston has been teaching on this subject of pressure as of late (you can get these messages by simply going to www.hillsong.com, Brian's Podcast will be on the front page & have a listen - well worth it!!!)

So on a very big subject that's probably gonna take a lot of weeks I will just put a few things out there & see what comes of them - remember the whole purpose for this blog are thoughts to think about, chew on & be challenged to live our dreams everyday

1. The New President of the USA - I have some American friends who are pretty upset - scared for their nation & its morals. All I know is that God has included this as part of His plans at this time for His reason & His purpose - & that purpose is always a fresh revelation of who God is & what he is like - God has chosen leaders before in the past regardless of their public moral standing for His plan & purpose - if u don't believe me just look at King David - a far more 'imoral man' than King Saul (the way they figured out David was dead is pretty interesting ... they sent a virgin into his bed & when she came out 'untouched' his closest men basically said 'He must be Dead!) - & at the same time a man after God's own heart. Is the New President a man after God's own heart - I don't know - I'm not saying he is & I'm not saying He isn't (just don't believe everything you read on the Net or on the Prophetic Emails either :) This hasn't taken our God by surprise though & He has His plans & purposes right in the middle of it all!

2. Where I live - my brother-in-law Paul & his wife Karrina have just moved, today, from Sydney back to Mount Isa, in the outback of Queensland, Australia - where the biggest shopping centre is K-Mart (for some of you that's suffering & pestilance right there!) Our family & close friends r gonna miss them a lot - & we are real pumped for them, its a good & needed decision at this time for them in a number of ways! Where i'm living or situated reflects my present in life, where I am settling, thriving, excelling, becoming apathetic, offended or lost - it's all occuring in the context of where I live - my present! If we know the purpose for our present we will have a strong sense of hope about our future - so where r you living right now (not 'Sydney' or 'Mt Isa but within yourself)? In clarity or confussion, in hope or hopelessness, in peace or anxiety? If you are struggling with why you are doing what you are doing PLEASE get a copy of this book "Changes that Heal" - I cannot recommend it enough! It is causing me to actually become a big person in a big person's world & not remain small within myself.

This has got way too long already - they say a short blog is much better cos it leaves people wanting more... so i'll stop now & see how this goes ... i'm enjoying getting my thoughts out nonetheless

TILL NEXT MONDAY!!!

No comments: