Sunday, February 8, 2009

FEB 9 BLOG - AUSTRALIA - AN AMAZING PLACE!!!

I'm pretty glued to the TV right now ... like most people I suppose - I've never really known much about Victoria - I've lived in NSW & Queensland - thought Victoria was AFL land & I've never got into AFL! Also thought their State government was ... well anyway!

But watching what has unfolded the last 48 hours in Rural Victoria - watching the people - in a disaster worse than the Bali Bombings, than many things that get world coverage - watching ordinary people act, love & respond in extraordinary ways - I've got to say - There's something special about OUR country - yep OUR means MY! Now all my New Zealand brothers & sisters please don't kill me or call me traitor - i still love my country, my homeland, my people, my food, I still support NZ in all sports - but Australia is also MY COUNTRY! I love this land & I love it's people.

God has placed the most amazing people in a most amazing culture in The Great Southland! Really ordinary people live in Australia, really real people - they can smell a fake a mile off.

I am a part of a local Church & their generosity is something else. For example, each year our people give a lot to help people that need a lot of help. Put this in perspective - when the Tsunami happened our Church gave amounts that were close to surpassing some of the biggest multi-billion dollar companies, please don't believe the reports u may read about certain Churches (like ours) - instead go talk to the people at the Detention Centres, prisons, orphans & widows in nations all around the world - the people in the cities, the suburbs, the outback - the real people with a real perspective.

But it's not just the Church - there is a generosity in most Australians which is simply astounding - $7 Million dollars has been given by our country to the wonderful people in Victoria who have fought the fire to stay alive - FOUGHT, oh man that's an understatement: A Mother & her 2 daughters, hiding in a wombats hole covered in wet sheets & blankets!!! - What a country, ordinary people - fighters, givers - even the media & Politicians - people we normally reserve judgment for are allowing themselves to be moved in ways not seen before!

Wherever ur right now - Australia, New Zealand, America, Uganda, England, Korea, Malaysia - God has placed us where we r NOT to be Superstars but to be met by Him & from knowing him that we would love in extraordinary ways - love God, love people, love living - cos we just don't know when TODAY may be our LAST Day

P.S - Advance Australia Fair!!!

TILL NEXT MONDAY

No comments: