Monday, December 15, 2008

BLOG #7 - NO ONE OWES ME ANYTHING

So I had an interesting week .. u know those weeks that start well, good feelings, u do something right, encouragement comes your way ... that was Tuesday ... & then by Thursday you figure out why u received that encouragement ... to draw on in the middle of discouragement!

The last 5 years for me have brought some big inward change ... & feel like it's just beginning. The purpose I know for all this stuff is Christ-Likeness ... that suffering responded to in faith produces endurance, character, HOPE!

Well ... by Thursday I wasn't thinking about that stuff ... I was feeling ... something I'm not really sure as a result of some loving correction I received ... not confused about the correction for that was 100% right but confused when it came to my dreams ... or lack of them now ... I have lived up until the last 12 months so much in dreams for the future that now when I live in the present I don't know quite what to do with dreams, desires etc ... do I have them, don't I, just continue to live believing & trusting God & it will all come together ... all this stuff at once.

So as I'm attempting to find some sense of what God is doing in me my mother-in-law, Karen, comes around today & tells me she's had a revelation - that God doesn't owe us anything .. Think about that ... God doesn't owe us anything ... when it comes to the life i live & the joys, tests & sorrows - in all these God, the Lord, the Master as well as Father ... doesn't owe me anything ... Mum/Karen talked about the sacrifices they've made over the years ... & how those sacrifices are not a points tally that if we get 10 sacrifices or obedience ticks or 10 acts of living kindness we reap a blessing ... we reap a blessing because God the Father chooses to bless us out of His Father Heart .. but as Lord & Master he is under no obligation to fulfill any dream, bring any healing, establish any plan ... He does these things because He Has chosen to out of love

And that makes me think about Thanksgiving ... My Vitamin supplier Dr Yvonne ends her emails with the old Hymn "Count your blessings, name them one by one & it will surprise you what The Lord has done!"

So some "Thoughts to think about" are Thanksgiving Thoughts to help remind me when I want to tell god what i think I'm entitled to ... that really He owes me nothing :)

1. I Thank My Father & Master that he has made me righteous! Most people live under so much guilt ... particularly when it comes to things like family, parenting, husband/wife, battles with addictions that are results of far more deeper situations than just the ending action ... i thank God that through Jesus He has made me right especially when i don't feel right ... In Him I'm still right even when I don't believe I am right ... we gotta be wrong & right at the same time ... I am wrong & need help to change ... & that change is believing that Jesus has made me right!!! Father - I believe; help my unbelief!

2. I Thank My Father & Master for My Family & Friends - Oh Lord ... "Jesus with skin on" as I've heard it described ... we went to the beach today as a staff with so many wonderful people whom have become so important to Kelista & I this year in particular - over the weeks I'm gonna start doing an honour board ... where I just give what's due 2 some phenomenal people - It's starts off with ... my wife ... Kelista Puddle ... she knows more about me than anyone ... like THE STUFF about me ... & she still loves me, still believes in me & that i can be who I am in Jesus but don't yet see in the natural ... Kelista - Love, kisses, flowers, round-the-world trips, the dream house, the most amazing cameras or classic b&w movies will NEVER be able to give enough back to what you give me out of who Ur!

What have u got 2b thankful 4 today? Not in a nebulous way but a really practical way - maybe it's your liver? That it works - you'd sure be thankful if it worked once it wasn't working! What is it ... who is it? Let it out!

TILL NEXT MONDAY (even tho this was Tuesday :)

No comments: